be there love..be there hope...

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

New discovery

June wanted to splurge on cosmetics again so I went along to chit chat with her. I did get an eyeliner since my existing one is drying up. Accompanied to get some daily necesscities in Sugamo and then deciding on the cafe for coffee was quite a challenge :-)
I introduced the restaurant that we had gone with Daphne but she doubted the standard of coffee there despite a nomihodai if you ordered desert. Well, so I counter-suggested the cafe near her place which we had been eyeing for quite sometime but had never get to step in there. This, she accepted.
The new discovery was here. The lady owner of the shop is an American who seems to speak Japanese only. Guess she must be here for decades. Her son is helping her to mend her cake cafe. I sounded her on the choice of pastry school and she offered me a new choice. She emphasized that I can learn how to make delicious cake anywhere but the new thinking embraced by different schools made a difference. Profound? What new way of thinking? Does she mean the design of the cakes? The methods by which the cakes are made?
I want to know the answer so I did some research after I had came back. I quite like the place based on webpage. I had made an appointment to be there tomorrow to see the place and teaching methods.
DH was so sweet to buy me very lovely chocolates as Valentine's Day gift :-)They came in a purple box with two porcelain heart-shaped containers with silver ribbons and golden spoons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home