be there love..be there hope...

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Yamachan

The weather was marvelously sunny so we decided to go to pray in a temple in Ikebukuro. My other agenda was to buy the button cap which I had grown to love after I last set my eyes on it. June had chosen it for me. Though she was not with me today, my thoughts were with her and family. DH must be bored to hear me talked about her and her son so much today!! DH's agenda was to bring me to eat Yamachan, a well-known Nagoya delicacy - specially fried and then grilled chicken wings with its own special sauce seasoning.

The temple which we had gone is Zohshigaya Kishimojindo in Ikebukuro. A cozy little temple which happened to have a flea market when we were there. (apparently, every last Sat of the month). We made our prayers.

There were long queues for good food along the way to Sunshine City. "Wu di mian" boosts the longest queue from day till night! We settled for Italian food in Tokyo Bellini Cafe - duck dishes, toasted bread with different toppings, lettuce with gondola sauce.

After lunch, I managed to buy the button cap that captured my heart :-) DH showed me where the Mexican restaurant was located. The one that June and I spent so much time finding! It was on 3rd floor but stucked away in a tiny corner.

Dinner was Nagoya no Yamachan. Pure sweat getting onto one of the tables - 1.5hours queue. The amazing thing is I managed to convince DH to wait! We had a very satisfying meal as the standard of the Yamacha tebasaki is the same as in Nagoya :-) I even met a Chinese girl who used to be Janice's classmate in Yamacha. She works there from Thu to Sat evenings. We would patronise the shop again in future :-)

I would try the "Wi di mian" with Joanna or June next time. Wow! seems the names of the friends that I have mentioned start with the alphabet "J". Pure coincidence, not sweat.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home