be there love..be there hope...

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Diversion of Thoughts

It is Mother's Day. The morning started off with light breakfast as we plan to go for a buffet lunch. The anger started rising in me after hubby lost a Combi baby fork at the hawker centre. I like that fork very much as it came with other items in a huge set. I nearly lose control of myself by making a fuss. But before it happen, I decide to go for a shower to cool off. Hide myself away in my own thoughts as others cannot understand the turmoil in me. Last night is no exception, Alden had his unearthly hour milk feed and I always feel I am the only one losing my sleep.

In the bathroom, I divert my thoughts to the beautiful scenary that I had seen in Amorgos, one of the Greek Islands. Remembering my very thought when I was on top of the mountain overlooking the vast, turquoise sea shimmering with the tails of the sunlight on its water like a smooth piece of glittering silk. I had told myself then, "looking at this magnificent sight, any problem I have is but a minute matter. And one day should I feel troubled, I should look back at this moment!" Indeed, now is such a day when I need to recapture that magnanimous thought. I also begin to share the responsibility with my hubby of the loss. It was me who brought it out though hubby was the last to clear the table. I should have kept it when not using it when I was around. After all, it is just a fork. I should not mess with petty resentment. With that, I feel much better. What a start to Mother's Day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home