be there love..be there hope...

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Pretty Poems

I especially like this poem as my name holds the meaning of "The Moon"

The Moon

The Moon has a face like the CLOCK in the hall;
She shines on thieves on the garden wall,
On streets and fields and harbor quays,
And birdies asleep in the forks of the trees.

The squalling CAT and the squeaking MOUSE,
The howling DOG by the door of the house,
The BAT that lies in bed at noon,
All love to be out by the light of the moon.

But all of the things that belong to the day
Cuddle to sleep to be out of her way;
And flowers and children close their eyes
Till up in the morning the sun shall arise.



Singing (something I wish I have the talent for)

Of speckled eggs the birdie sings
And nests among the trees;
The sailor sings of ropes and things
In ships upon the seas.

The children sing in far Japan,
The children sing in Spain;
The organ with the organ man
Is singing in the rain.



The Swing (dedicated to my son who loves to swing even for up to an hour)

How do you like to go up in a SWING;
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do! (no wonder my son loves it!)

Up in the air and over the WALL;
Till I can see so wide,
Rivers and trees and CATTLE and all
Over the countryside -

Till I look down on the GARDEN green,
Down on the ROOF so brown -
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!

Poems are life savers when one is down :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home