be there love..be there hope...

Sunday, October 31, 2004

My dream is passe

A young friend of mine has been asking me for advice about being a chef which I dish out enthusiastically as it is my ambition recently. The more I dug and dished(http://www.globalchefs.com/career/faqs/faqsCurrent.htm), the more confirmed I am that my chef dream is passe. A person who starts out in his teens would be a chef by my age. The commitments needed to make it clashes with my family planning and needs now. Back to my friend. He keeps thinking of earning big bucks but I told him there is no short cut. He might as well try to strike lottery if he wants the short cut. Entry level is a must even if one graduated from a reputed cooking school. I wish I knew my forte when I was young. I wish I had not so many choices then. Looking at the baby poster hung near me, I cannot help but think, would one of my children want to be a chef? Help mum to fulfill her dream 'cos she gave it all up for you. But somewhere read this line, "have unconditional love for your children".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home